Monday, 29 April 2013

Nails of the week: Pink & Bubbly

Everyone knows I love taking care of my nails. I really do believe that it doesn't take long or a lot of money to get your nails looking not just pretty but unique. Yes it is nice to just have one solid colour at times but I also love playing with nail art, because who wants to be exactly the same as everyone else?

This week I have yet again been playing with my dotting tool, which I picked up for quite literally pennies on ebay, and created some pink bubbly nails that are definitely getting me in the mood for summer.


To get this look, paint your nails as you normally would with your base colour - I used Maybelline Colour Show in '262 Pink Boom' then once dried, used my dotting tool to add random purple and lighter pink dots all over. I used MUA's shade 12 for the purple and a random 'french pink' I had lying around. 

I find that I only need to paint my nails once every 1-2 weeks and this look took me around 20 minutes to create. A tip is to always use a brilliant quality top coat because then you can get away with stocking up on cheaper colours such as the MUA range. While they aren't the best quality and will chip after a few days wear, if you seal it with an expensive top coat (I use Leighton Denny's Crystal Finish) you will end up having more money to spend on different shades to create looks like these that stay on the nail until you want to take it off. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment